DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards    Search    Search Results
        Go
        New
        Find
        Tools
        Search Results: (9 matches) New Search Sign In/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Dead electical outlet and mystery switches (in Electrical) by Pat the Rat
        I personally think it's a good idea to tape wire nuts so that they don't loosen as you stuff the wir......
        DIY Message Boards > Electrical

Discussion Topic  RE: Dead electical outlet and mystery switches (in Electrical) by Pat the Rat
        Looks like all copper wherever I've replaced outlets/switches so far....

Yes, that's what I was figuring. Wouldn't be sure which was hot and which was leading to the other o......

yes, there were black and red wires attached. i think i tried some other outlets in the room but it ......

After taking the old outlet apart and rewiring it with t new outlet, it now works just fine. Also ad......

I have also learned that this may be "phantom voltage" from my analog meter, but I'll proceed with c......

i haven't failed until i quit trying. ......

Thanks for your response. Problem is that I have no idea what the circuit even looks like....

Discussion Topic  Dead electical outlet and mystery switches (in Electrical) by Pat the Rat
        I bought a house that was built in 1958 and am replacing the outlets and switches. I have one outlet......

» Refine Search
        » New Search