Message Boards

DIY Message Boards    Search    Search Results
        Go
        New
        Find
        Tools
        Search Results: (13 matches) New Search Sign In/Join 

Discussion Topic  Gaps in my joists (in Outdoor Projects) by ScottieSLG
        As I'm running a straight edge perpendicular along my joists, I'm noticing there are gaps of about 1......
        DIY Message Boards > Outdoor Projects

Discussion Topic  RE: bolt spins in plug (in Outdoor Projects) by ScottieSLG
        I found that putting a coating of epoxy on the bolt before I hammer it into the hole, then give it 2......

Discussion Topic  RE: My first mistake and how to correct it (in Outdoor Projects) by ScottieSLG
        Thanks for the tips. I had an epiphany last night as I was thinking about this. Instead of placing......

Discussion Topic  My first mistake and how to correct it (in Outdoor Projects) by ScottieSLG
        So I measured and poured all the concrete and set the brackets in sonotube for my 6" posts. Because......

Discussion Topic  RE: Single 2x12x24' vs 2 2x12x12' (in Outdoor Projects) by ScottieSLG
        Yeah, when I said "beam", I'm referring to the girder. Here is an extremely crude drawing of my dec......

Discussion Topic  RE: Single 2x12x24' vs 2 2x12x12' (in Outdoor Projects) by ScottieSLG
        Well that answers that! I shall order the 24' beams....

Discussion Topic  Single 2x12x24' vs 2 2x12x12' (in Outdoor Projects) by ScottieSLG
        In building my deck, I've been advised to go with a single 2x12x24 beam instead of attaching 2 2x12x......

Discussion Topic  Inner joists vs top joists for my deck (in Outdoor Projects) by ScottieSLG
        In designing my deck, is there any reason not to use inner joists/joist hangers inbetween the beams ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Low level deck beams below ground level (in Outdoor Projects) by ScottieSLG
        Thank you, Jaybee. You've been most helpful!!...

Discussion Topic  RE: Low level deck beams below ground level (in Outdoor Projects) by ScottieSLG
        Is contact with soil any different than contact with gravel? Seems like gravel would still allow fo......

Oh geez... I just re-read my initial post. I meant 5 INCHES, not 5 feet....

I can't seem to get a pic uploaded from my phone... If I were to dig out, say, 4' and put some cind......

Discussion Topic  Low level deck beams below ground level (in Outdoor Projects) by ScottieSLG
        We are building a deck on a sloped yard, and we would like about 5 ......

» Refine Search
        » New Search