DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards    Search    Search Results
        Go
        New
        Find
        Tools
        Search Results: (11 matches) New Search Sign In/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Non-combustible chase sheathing??? (in General Home Improvement) by Mike B83
        My class A factory made chimney pipe is double wall Duravent Duratech 6". It has 2" clearances for c......
        DIY Message Boards > General Home Improvement

Discussion Topic  Non-combustible chase sheathing??? (in General Home Improvement) by Mike B83
        I'm putting in a wood stove and the chimney will run up the side of my house on the exterior. I'm go......

Discussion Topic  RE: Header needed for alcove install? (in General Home Improvement) by Mike B83
        No, Northern Nevada. As for the chimney for the stove it's going to be double wall Duratech chimney ......

Discussion Topic  RE: Header needed for alcove install? (in General Home Improvement) by Mike B83
        I was looking at the floor plans today and they say there are 4x4" beams on each end of the alcove t......

Thank you for your input and expertise. That's what the inspector said at the building department ......

Ok, I got the set of plans from my building department today. Here's an image of the engineered gabl......

Ok, when and if I need to put a header in, don't I put the header under the gable truss bottom chord......

That's what I was thinking too. 2-2x10" with ply in the middle header going across the alcove top wh......

Ok, thank you. I'm 99.9% sure I have to put a load bearing header in. Just figuring how tall, 6", 8"......

Here are more pictures ......

Discussion Topic  Header needed for alcove install? (in General Home Improvement) by Mike B83
        Hello, I am new to this site and this is my first post. I need help with an alcove I am going to b......

» Refine Search
        » New Search