Message Boards

DIY Message Boards    Search    Search Results
        Page 1 2 3 4 ... 157
        Go
        New
        Find
        Tools
        Search Results: (3123 matches) New Search Sign In/Join 

Discussion Topic  RE: Metal roof panels for screened porch (in Outdoor Projects) by Jaybee
        As said above the best way to seal things will be to take it apart, scrape off old sealant and then ......
        DIY Message Boards > Outdoor Projects

Discussion Topic  RE: spam (in General Home Improvement) by Jaybee
        Excellent! That's what I was hoping would happen. I don't expect our moderator(s) to be working ove......
        DIY Message Boards > General Home Improvement

alpha spammer is trying to get back in via the "New Shows" section. I've reported it but it can't h......

And of course our spammer is back already. Let's see how fast our mods can kill it....

Discussion Topic  RE: sub panel (in General Home Improvement) by Jaybee
        You install a 100a breaker in your main box to power the sub-panel in garage....

Discussion Topic  RE: Amps my house is using... is it normal? Why is my electric bill so high? (in Electrical) by Jaybee
        That limits the possibilities quite a bit. Your only big users (that run on 220v) seem to be your s......
        DIY Message Boards > Electrical

Discussion Topic  RE: Amps my house is using... is it normal? Why is my electric bill so high? (in Electrical) by Jaybee
        I'm thinking that you are not getting an accurate reading from your clamp meter. While the A/C will......

Discussion Topic  RE: Repairing engineered hardwood (in Floors) by Jaybee
        It comes down to this: If you want a patch that will last and be invisible, the only way will be to......
        DIY Message Boards > Floors

Discussion Topic  RE: Another 3 way switch problem (in Electrical) by Jaybee
        Check the other 3-way switch thread posted recently, there are some good wiring diagrams for 3-way s......

Discussion Topic  RE: refinishing hardwood floors (in Floors) by Jaybee
        At that age, it is definitely a solid wood floor. It is very likely that you can make it look bette......

Discussion Topic  RE: refinishing hardwood floors (in Floors) by Jaybee
        However, if it is a solid wood floor and has not already been sanded down too far, then sanding is a......

Discussion Topic  RE: Exterior wall; dealing with "hump" when installing Hardie Plank. (in Windows, Walls & Doors) by Jaybee
        You can always make them out of pressure treated 2x material. Yes, to putting any leveling strips on......
        DIY Message Boards > Windows, Walls & Doors

Discussion Topic  RE: Exterior wall; dealing with "hump" when installing Hardie Plank. (in Windows, Walls & Doors) by Jaybee
        I'm thinking shims would not be the best idea. Shims have a given pitch - IF that pitch matches you......

It would not hurt to have some declining width furring strips to even out the hump, but Hardi is rea......

Discussion Topic  RE: Common (wall? face?) Bricks for Walkway? (in Outdoor Projects) by Jaybee
        Not impossible to use them for landscaping type things, but they are the wrong type of brick. The t......
        DIY Message Boards > Outdoor Projects

Discussion Topic  RE: Ice on bottom of vinyl replacement window (in Windows, Walls & Doors) by Jaybee
        It needs to be insulated all around. With no insulation on the bottom, if you have freezing air out......

Discussion Topic  RE: Moisture Issue With Laminate Floor Installation (in Floors) by Jaybee
        First step is to find the source of the moisture. This could be almost anything like not having a v......

Discussion Topic  RE: Inground Pool and Patio/Deck (in Remodeling) by Jaybee
        This is a walk-up face-to-face thing, not a phone call around thing. Other than that, it's really s......
        DIY Message Boards > Remodeling

Discussion Topic  RE: Change in house plan after getting construction loan (in General Home Building) by Jaybee
        It will only be a concern to your financing if it has a serious effect on either the cost to build o......
        DIY Message Boards > General Home Building

» Refine Search
        » New Search