All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Feedback Center  Hop To Forums  Talk with DIY Network's Community Gal, Katy D    Please send help. Save these houses!
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Please send help. Save these houses! Sign In/Join 
        posted
        In tonight's 9 p.m.CT, Fox 29 News report they stated that our city, San Antonio, TX is condemning houses one after another in a neighborhood. At 1019 Rosewood to be exact. They just demolished one home last month and will be demolishing another home right across the street. Two families are at risk because their homes are in a state of distress. They need help. Can DIY come to the rescue asap? I wish I could save all of these houses, repair them, and have some kind of lottery to help low-income families in need win a restored home. The families that already reside in the about-to-be-condemned homes should be able to stay and live in their houses. I am willing to help DIY as much as possible with labor or recycled material for the repairs. This would be such a good thing if DIY can save these houses. Thank you, Ann.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        Ann - You'll have the most success by trying to save these houses at the local level. These boards are only loosely monitored by DIY so nobody from DIY will be reading your post.

I know in our town, older houses are sometimes saved by private groups who can arrange fundraising and a renovation plan. Just to support my view that this is the way to go - my city is also the home of the main offices of Scripts and DIY.

Jaybee

Posts: 10500 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post