Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Last Gift? Sign In/Join 
        Picture of Proud American
        posted
        Hi, My name is Gary. I am a 58year old vet. After my divorce, I met a Lady, she's an Angel really. She turned my life around. I love her with all my Heart & Soul. I would do anything for her. Even die for her. She is worth more to me than my own life. We've been together for 9 years now. With in the last year, we moved closer to her daughter and new grandson. She bought a house in Granite Falls, Wa on a quarter acre of land. A really thick and lush lawn and very boring. No focal point or points. I have plans on building up the back yard with mini waterfalls with a waterwheel mill & pond, various types of mini sheds (ie cabin barn A-frame and such), chainsaw carved logs of Eagles, bears, fish, nomes etc, perennial flowers, a wood shop for us....the works. OR, atleast I HAD plans on doing that. Now, it is a rather moot point. You see, I just found out that I have Cancer. I will be going through Chemo soon. At this time, I do not know whether I have 6months or 6 years. What ever the case may be, I do not believe I will be able to give her the back yard I want to give her. Can you help me in giving her my Last Gift? Do you have any Landscape shows that can do this? Maybe this could lead into another show for elderly / disabled / dying peoples last gift for their Loved ones. Just a thought. .....If you are able to help me, Thank you in advance, just incase. Gary

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Gary, sorry to learn of your diagnosis, but it sounds as if you haven't been given the whole picture. Longevity depends not only on the treatment protocol but on the type of cancer as well as the staging. Ask your doctor what stage you're in. This might help put your mind at ease a bit.

Also, if you're not already getting VA benefits, be sure to check these out to see if you're qualified, especially if your cancer can be identified as service related.

As to the landscaping request, that's a very generous thought and I wish you well in finding some assistance. Good luck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1734 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post