All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Feedback Center  Hop To Forums  Talk with DIY Network's Community Gal, Katy D    Rev. Run's Renovation
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Rev. Run's Renovation Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Besides the stupid show concept, maybe you should have thought about getting Justine some diction lessons before you put her on air. I mean "wit-chew", really, I'm not even sure I can spell her rotten diction correctly. She'll be a real good role model for kids in the hood. Would have been better to teach them they need to learn to talk properly or no reputable company looking for a professional employee will be hiring them.

Posts: 5 | Location: New England | Registered: Sep 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        the promos show an officious blob who assumes we know him. not. a check of his past shows the rap group Run DMC, which is not on my playlist. whether the show is good or bad, it's being sold to a limited audience.

had some ambivalence about Vanilla Ice as well, but promotion showed another side to his act, and the wife and I are watchers. and he was not on my playlist, either.

the promos are on par with the tongue-tied unprepared hosts of Garage Mahal, which show meets no expectations and answers no questions. I suspect no cooperation in this case with the producers, just walking through the steps without generating any interest. DIY and the producers are going to have to try harder, I expect the debut Rev Run program was not very high in viewership, whether it is good, engaging, or not.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5832 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by swschrad:

the promos are on par with the tongue-tied unprepared hosts of Garage Mahal,

I think Corsetti came off OK on Garage Mahal, it was only when they moved to that wrestler guy who just strutted and yelled that it got stupid.

Jaybee

Posts: 10451 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Is this a joke? At a bare minimum it's an insult to anyone with a brain. How can this "DIY Show" have ever been conceived and by who? All of the people who were involved in allowing this on the air should be FIRED!!!!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I have just seen a little mention in a story with rocker Daryl Hall, that he's a hardcore DIY house restorer, and there is a project in production for DIY network of him doing a project house. this one should be worth waiting for.

Posts: 5832 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        just caught 10 minutes of RRR... not bad. if only they'd tried to lure me in.

Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by swschrad:
        I have just seen a little mention in a story with rocker Daryl Hall, that he's a hardcore DIY house restorer, and there is a project in production for DIY network of him doing a project house. this one should be worth waiting for.

Daryl Hall airs a rock show on Palledium{?} channel. He brings classic rockers to his upstate New York digs and they talk and rock. Actually some of the best TV time going.
        Could be interesting as those digs are quite impressive as well. Not over-the-top Hollywood hyped, just downright cozy for sure.

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1550 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I have not seen "Daryl's House," but musician friends I went to high school with say it's very good.

Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        It is surprisingly good, but that is just my opinion. Doing well at that second time around in the music biz you might say. As being independent of the music world leaches, and doing what you enjoy. Can't beat that with a stick... Big Grin

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1550 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post