Message Boards

Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Rehab Addict Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I am looking at all of the boards for the various shows. I don't see one for Rehab Addict. How does one create a board for that show. I love the show and what Nicole does to restore grand old ladies to their former glory!!!

Many Thanks!!!

Nellie Moore
        Cantadora

Posts: 1 | Location: River Falls, Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I'd like to find one, too! I'm not sure if I'm commenting in the right place (and sorry everyone if I'm not), but I created this account solely to say this:

I love Rehab Addict! Never cancel it, DIY Network!

I want to give some back story -- I drive down the same street every day in Minneapolis on my way to work. I seem to notice new houses every time but usually the really cute ones are in certain areas of the city.

Then one day I saw the most gorgeous green house on a corner-- a beautiful Victorian house I'd never noticed before. Every day I drove to work, it seemed like something new was on it-- beautiful coloring on the top, lovely details on the porch, lighting, even a charming white picket fence. I can't tell you how much I absolutely adored that house. It became my favorite house in the city, especially after I started thinking back to how, honestly, crappy it had looked before. Like, I had to sit there and think about what it had looked like, and even checked google street view, because it had been so forgettable before.

I kept meaning to tell my coworker about it but also kept forgetting. Then one day we were driving past and she said, "It's my favorite house! They've been doing such a great job on this!" It turned out she had independently noticed the house, too, and loved it just as much.

Every now and then I saw a person walking outside to throw something into the dumpster and I always wanted to stop and yell out my window that they were doing an incredible job on that house and gush about how much I loved it, but I was always on the wrong side of the street when I saw people.

My coworker and I loved that house SO MUCH that we talked about it every time we drove by it, and it made me smile every time I came to work. I was completely in love with it.

Then one day we saw it was for sale, so of course I had to take a sheet of paper. When we saw the photos of the inside, we couldn't believe how the transformation had extended inside as well. We kept saying how we loved that house SO MUCH and we were both so incredibly sad that neither of us could afford to buy it. Seriously, it was like our dream home. We talked about her buying it and renting out the top floor to me, we loved it so much.

Then the for sale signs disappeared and I don't know how many months passed, but I still love that house every single time I drive by. I had the house listing on my cubicle wall for months even after it had sold.

Recently I agreed to house sit for some family members. They have extensive cable channels that I don't have so I discovered DIY network for the first time. Rehab Addict happened to be on one day and I liked the first episode I saw but I had no concept of where it was occurring.

Then, in the middle of the night, I saw a Rehab Addict that mentioned "harriet" in the info, and then it showed just a close up shot of the green of the siding. I loved that house so freaking much that immediately I went, "Harriet?? Like the avenue my favorite house is on? It looks like the same siding color too...?" I was certain I had to be wrong but then as it showed another shot of the house I freaked out and realized THIS WAS MY FAVORITE HOUSE. I had to text my coworker at 1 am to tell her that there was a tv show that showed the renovation of this house.

The thing is, I ALWAYS wanted to tell whoever redid that house that they did the best job I had ever seen, and I wanted them to know how much I freaking LOVE that house, and that it makes a huge difference, I'm sure, not only to the neighbors, but also to someone who commutes along that road every day, who notices it every day and is happy for the transformation.

I absolutely love old homes, especially Victorian era, and I can't say enough how much I not only respect Nicole's love of history and her dedication to preserving it, but also her beautiful design style.

I love to see women who are a force of their own in renovation and construction. It's really important to me that girls have a role model like Nicole, who show that it doesn't have to be all princesses and puppy dog tails for a girl's future; she can do "boy" things, too, and she can do it well.

I was so excited to find out that a tv show had been done on that house (and ps: how in the world did I miss any cameras???) that I HAD to find a way to say, somewhere, how awesome Nicole is. I've seen since then that she did another house that I recognize, but I don't think I've seen it since it was redone. (Or perhaps it's still being redone-- I'm still trying to track down episodes)

Anyway, I know this is long and I'm sorry but HOLY CRAP, I was so excited about seeing my favorite house. That Harriet house still holds a special place in my heart. I'm so, SO happy to see how beautifully it was done inside, to match the beauty that caught my eye on the outside.

Thank you DIY and especially thank you, Nicole and crew! You rock and I'm so proud to say someone like you is in Minneapolis. I'm going to be obsessed with this show now, I know it. I'll definitely make my family start watching it, too Smile

I hope this can make its way to Nicole and the producers of Rehab Addict, and if not, could someone please tell me how I could send them an email or feedback directly for that show? It's really important to me that they know how much that house stood out to a random stranger long before they had any clue that it was part of a tv show.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        that's cool. periodically the wife and I try to guess which antique/reuse store Nicole is shopping in.

if you search on magnetic productions, and hit the contact tab on their website, you can send that email.

great show, but geez, all that dark dark wood. the one quibble I've got.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5742 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Watched Rehab Addict for 1st time and was impressed what Nikki can accomplish with her talent. But was not impressed by the way she used a chain saw in a very short clip. A few seconds of not using proper safety gear can last lifetime. And that goes for all the staff at DIY network. Here's a very good link from my organization (ISA) on tree care. treesaregood.org. It will give you valuable info.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Absolutely love this show. Loved the dollar house episodes. Got me hooked!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        be interesting to see what she does with the season 4 boardinghouse in Da Nordeast of Minneapolis. her before open-house was just packed, ran out of release forms (after all, it's not habitable, you had to sign away liability before they'd let you in). hint: the second floor is probably going to be the World's Greatest Restoration/Transformation.

Posts: 5742 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        @treespec, did you catch the nimrod using a chain saw next to a Cyclone fence a couple weeks back on Renovation Realities? yes indeed, it zinged back. a foot of saw blade was inside the guy's left shoulder of the T-shirt. had one little cut by his neck.

99 out of 100 times, that kickback would have cut the guy's head off. no protection gear can really protect you from (darn) stupid. you don't cut towards metal. you don't cut near metal. I'd have used a recip saw or burned that trunk out.

Picture of jaustinlarkin
        posted Hide Post
        Love this show and what Nichole does for old houses. We ungraded our DirecTV package to see this show after I saw it on my daughter's TV. Please don't cancel this show. My 4 year old grandson loves to watch this show with me and loves all the wood Nichole saves in these houses. When are there going to be new episodes? Please, please have Nichole Curtis do NEW episodes SOON.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        they just finished up Season 4's new episodes. per Facebook, she's working on the "later list" at her own house. based on observation, if they started taping now, you'd see new episodes in 4-6 months.