Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools
        How to Be On DIY Sign In/Join 
        Picture of Katy D
        posted
        Ever wonder how DIY picks the projects that are featured? Here’s how…
        Check out DIY’s Be On DIY page. There you’ll will find listings of all the projects we are currently looking for to help you tackle that ugly bathroom, Man Cave or outdoor project.
        Also check your favorite show’s show page for your chance to upload photo’s of your project.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Katy D,

Katy D
        DIY Community Gal

Posts: 336 | Location: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Aug 10, 2009Report This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Katy, was wondering if there where any shows in the Charlotte NC area, we where looking at doing a backyard makeover and do not have very good vision on what we want to do, need an experts help.

Picture of Katy D
        posted Hide Post
        We would also encourage you to visit our "Be on DIY" page to review the opportunities available on our various programs and find specific instructions for submitting material.

Katy D
        DIY Community Gal

posted Hide Post
        I live in Kentucky and have a wonderful project for bathtastic but you always are in large midwestern towns. I really need help on a long narrow master bath and a small guest bath remodel

Picture of Katy D
        posted Hide Post
        Filming locations are limited to the areas where the production companies are located, but they do travel from time to time. So do continue to check back to the Be On DIY web page periodically because the page is updated with new information on a regular basis.

Katy D
        DIY Community Gal

posted Hide Post
        Hello my name Dave I Pro Drag Racer I race with NHRA I also work full time at a small Appliance store In Ontario Ca. I think I would make a GREAT story for either Garage Mahal or Man Caves.
        I sold my home back in May trying to find a home that had more space for me races cars and my new family. I fell in love with a single mom that has four kids. So for the last 7 months or so we have been living in a 600sq ft single bedroom with 6 people and 4 dogs till we could find our dream home. To top it off this house had very little water so we have to join the gym so we could take showers and go to laundry mat twice a week. But now we have our DREAM home and it was all worth it. The home is a nice single story home but it has a 2100 sq ft garage ( shop ) in the back yard ( 50k sq ft lot ) I would love to have DIY Network help me turn this Garage into something amazing fun and functional. I spend MOST of my time off working and tuning my race cars. Would love to have a room inside the garage where people could hang out watch us working on the cars and when we are not working on cars we could hang out relax and have some fun. Maybe watch a movie on my big screen play pool on my pool table all items I have already I just need some help to put it all together and make it something a racer could be proud of.
        I have many photos of the house and race cars I would love to send to you to see if this something DIY would like to do but I do think I would make a GREAT story an even better show
        Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you soon

Posts: 1 | Location: corona  | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Report This Post
        Picture of Katy D
        posted Hide Post
        Check out DIY’s Be On DIY page. There you’ll will find listings of all the projects we are currently looking for to assist you with.

Katy D
        DIY Community Gal

posted Hide Post
        I don't see any show that fits my situation, I think it is beyond DIY but I enjoy all of your shows and watch them everyday!

quote:
        Originally posted by Katy D:
        Check out DIY’s Be On DIY page. There you’ll will find listings of all the projects we are currently looking for to assist you with.

Picture of LisaMarie126
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Katy,

We live in Alabama and think House Crashers should Crash our Lake house about 3 weeks ago a pipe burst during a freeze and 48,000 gallons poured into it making it impossible to fix without gutting it or tearing it down.

It is a manufactured house with a add on...we just have no idea what to do....House Crashers has only been in California and Alabama would be a great change of pace and scenery the people here are warm friendly and we have alot of friends willing to help...so come on by and we will have Cornbread, beans...a cold beer watever it takes to get you here!

lisa greene

Posts: 2 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Feb 13, 2010Report This Post
        posted Hide Post
        i hope your production companys can come to south carolina,my mom lives in gray court.at 249 cook st.she is 71 years old and could use some help with a new yard,and some help with her home. her name is ramona bashaw. contact me first if you can help her out

chris flores

Posts: 2 | Location: sc,usa | Registered: Mar 13, 2010Report This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Katy,
        My Fiance and I recently remolded the 1950's house we purchased 7 months ago from top to bottom. We are almost tapped out mentally and physically but the outside needs major help. I've researched the shows and none are in our area that I can find (20 miles south of San Francisco). Do you know of any landscape shows in our area or in the near future. Thanks

James

Picture of Katy D
        posted Hide Post
        Filming locations are limited to the areas where the production companies are located, but they do travel from time to time. If the show you're interested in applying for isn't listed, new episodes are not currently being produced or the show is not seeking participants at this time. But do check back to the web page periodically because the page is updated frequently.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/be_on_diy

Katy D
        DIY Community Gal

posted Hide Post
        My wife and I are getting ready to embark on a unique project and we wondered if there would be any interest from your network for any of your upcoming shows.

The Project:
        We have acquired 30 acres in Laurel, Indiana (about 1 hour from Cincinnati / Indianapolis), where we will be moving a 100 year old timber frame barn from northwest Ohio. We will begin deconstruction of the barn in about 3-4 weeks.

Upon reconstruction of the barn, we will be utilizing a "green" approach to the building, utilities, etc. We will be installing a 4 acre pond, for geothermal in slab radiant heating, reverse osmosis water treatment, off-grid solar hybrid power system (with propane generator charging system). Additionally, we will be using structural insulated wall panels (SIP's) for the sidewalls and roof decking. All systems are eligible for the current 30% tax incentives. We will be General Contracting the work ourselves, as well as performing much of the interior finishing and barn wood prep, etc. ourselves. My wife and I have rehabbed over 14 houses in the past 12 years, but this project will be the largest ever undertaken.

The total schedule for this barn relocation, pond construction, off-grid solar installation will be about the next 12-15 months.

Let me know if any interest for any upcoming shows.

Picture of Katy D
        posted Hide Post
        As stated above, please check out DIY’s Be On DIY page. There you’ll will find listings of all the projects we are currently looking to assist with.

Katy D
        DIY Community Gal

posted Hide Post
        Hello miss Katy, I was just wondering if the diy shows Desperate landscaping or 10 grand in your pocket are ever in the waco texas areas...i am in desperate need of their help or at least advice thank you so much for your time

MistyLTaylor

Posts: 1 | Location: Waco TX | Registered: Apr 21, 2010Report This Post
        Picture of Katy D
        posted Hide Post
        As stated above, filming locations are limited to the areas where the production companies are located, but they do travel from time to time. If the show you're interested in applying for isn't listed, new episodes are not currently being produced or the show is not seeking participants at this time. But do check back to the web page periodically because the page is updated frequently.

As for Desperate Landscapes, we are currently running a contest for America's Most Desperate Landscape and your chance to win a front yard makeover.

Show us how desperate your front yard is and you could win a chance to compete on the Today show for a complete landscape transformation from Jason Cameron and the Desperate Landscapes crew. And there's more than just a grand prize of a landscape makeover! Every week until May 3, one lucky homeowner will receive custom landscaping tips tailored to your yard - direct from Jason Cameron - plus a $100 gift card from GardenFun.com.

Is your front yard America's most desperate? Watch these entry tips from Jason, then upload a video or photos now to convince us to pick you! Read the official contest rules.

Katy D
        DIY Community Gal

posted Hide Post
        Hello Katy,
        Heard a rumor that Bath & Yard Crashers will be coming to Boston sometime soon...do you know when and where?

Posts: 1 | Location: boston, ma | Registered: Apr 29, 2010Report This Post
        Picture of Katy D
        posted Hide Post
        Unfortunately they already came on the 27th. Here was the event:
        http://www.facebook.com/event....411842331636&index=1

Katy D
        DIY Community Gal

posted Hide Post
        Katy-please help!! I am having trouble figuring out how to use this to ask questions-so hoping this is it-I have been entering all these shows for so long now and am afraid that they simply will never come to my area-is that true? I live out in the country in Colorado and am roughly about 2 hours to the closest large city( Grand Junction) that has your sponsors-will they ever be anywhere near me?? I have searched all the "get on" areas and the shows-never, ever seeing them anywhere near--is there no hope?? I entered the Desperate landscapes well over 100 times-saw the finalists and am certain now that my yard was way over the top for them to do--it truly IS a desperate landscape ;(--how do they choose for the reg. series shows? do they pick from the entries to the contest??? please help..I am so frustrated and yes-desperate! Joanne

Posts: 2 | Location: craig, colorado | Registered: May 20, 2010Report This Post
        Picture of Katy D
        posted Hide Post
        America's Most Desperate Landscape was a contest we just ran. Four finalists were revealed and competed for winner on the Today show this week. Those finalists were chosen by a panel from all entries of photos/video submitted online for the contest. The winner's makeover will be featured as a Desperate Landscapes special. As for being a part of regular scheduled programming and projects featured, those opportunities are listed on our Be On DIY page. Filming locations are limited to the areas where the production companies are located, but they do travel from time to time. If the show you're interested in applying for isn't listed on our Be On DIY page, new episodes are not currently being produced or the show is not seeking participants at this time. But do check back to the web page periodically because the page is updated frequently.

Katy D
        DIY Community Gal