All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Feedback Center  Hop To Forums  Talk with DIY Network's Community Gal, Katy D    Unable to view pictures in the discussions
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Unable to view pictures in the discussions Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hello,

I've tried Internet Explorer and Firefox, but the photos included in the discussions display as a red circle with a line drawn through it.

It seems that a security setting is blocking the display of the photos, but, as yet I have not found where to unblock them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Posts: 259 | Location: Western NewYork | Registered: Jan 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        SN, you'll see the red circle before you've logged in, but shouldn't be seeing it afterward.

Try refreshing your screen (Alt [key], R) and see it makes a difference.

Or are you still unable to see the photos after you've logged in?

Posts: 1737 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        possible if you have set your security levels in Internet Tools (windows) to most secure... or if you are blocking redirection to external sites in advanced settings... the browser is not permitted to even look for the photo hosting.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5487 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Swschrad, would this be the "access data sources across domains" function that would prohibit connection to offsite photo hosts? I tweaked my settings to block a lot of stuff online, and have disabled this function, yet I can still see the photos.

I'm wondering also if his security software such as Norton is blocking the photos.

SN, to clarify: is it only the photos posted in-body of the post that you can't see? Can you see photos on offsite sources?

posted Hide Post
        DOH! GardenSprite, you nailed it.
        I CAN see the in-body photos now if I sign in and refresh my page.
        I have always been able to see the externally linked photos.
        Thanks swschrad and GardenSprite for your help.
        As my mother would have said "if it were a bear, it'd bit me". Smile

Posts: 259 | Location: Western NewYork | Registered: Jan 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        SN, glad the problem is solved! Computer applications have become so complex that I think we often expect the solution to be equally as complex.

Glad this one was a simple one.

Enjoy the photos!