DIY Message Boards
Rehab Addict-lower level living room episode

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/960107171/m/1263963008

Jan 10, 2014, 11:32 PM
dcnighter
Rehab Addict-lower level living room episode
I live in Michigan south of Detroit, Does anyone know where Nicole went to purchase the resale furniture she used in this episode? I'm looking for chairs for a dining room table. and $3.00 chairs can't be beat.

Renee Cicero
Jan 12, 2014, 04:41 PM
GardenSprite
Swschrad, a regular poster, is the Nicole expert here. He might know.

From what I've seen of her shows, though, what she buys isn't always traceable back to a particular location. And if you're looking for the same chairs, that might be a long search.

You could try Salvation Army; there are a number of them in the SE Michigan area. Grace Centers of Hope also has a thrift store as well.

I think the St. Vincent and Sarah Fisher organization used to have a thrift store, but they've moved in the last few years and I don't know whether they still operate one.

And if you venture to Detroit, check out the Michigan Veterans Foundation. They have a thrift store, and according to a Google search now have one in Dearborn Heights.

https://www.google.com/#q=Mich...ndation+thrift+store

I know they take furniture because I donated a lot to them a few years ago. They also take their donations and run them through a steam room to sanitize them.
Jan 12, 2014, 08:41 PM
swschrad
I didn't catch (or retain) the quick mention of the antique mall. was it Riverside?

from the pattern of the shows broadcast each week, I would say roll tape at 9:30 CST next Thursday, and that's where they put the replay of the previous week's new show. it's about the middle of the episode.

if you're a local and you go there, you should recognize the store exterior when you walk up near it. but don't ignore the neighbors, you find good stuff for -you- wherever you stumble on it.

((full disclosure... all I know is when I perk up my ears. I am nowhere near in her support circle. there is a surprising amount of "life stuff" in the Tom Barnard Podcasts, free on iTunes.))

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?