DIY Message Boards
Need help on an outdoor table?

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9321916776/m/9983950077

Apr 26, 2013, 02:43 PM
Erica313
Need help on an outdoor table?
When I bought my house last summer the previous owners left this table.. I love that it already has a hole for an umbrella to go through, but as you can see the top is not in good condition. I want to be able to keep it but I'm not sure what I can do. Would I put wood on top of the existing top, or take that off and put a new one? Thanks to all that can help me. Smile

Apr 26, 2013, 03:39 PM
redoverfarm
It looks as if the previous owner had already laminated something over the original top and it has came apart. You might consider a piece of Plexiglass. I would remove the top layer until I got down to the original top. Cut plexiglass to the size and then paint the underneath side of it in the color of your choosing. By painting the underneath side it will hide the appearence of the old top.
Apr 28, 2013, 12:52 PM
Conrad
I would suggest to keep checking your local Craig's List. You might just be able to buy another usable table for the cost of trying to fix this one?
May 15, 2013, 11:23 PM
EchoLin
maybe, you can put a board above it and use some fabric decoration to make it looks graceful, with a table like this outside the yard is very convenient.