All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Outdoor Projects    Need help on an outdoor table?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Need help on an outdoor table? Sign In/Join 
        Picture of Erica313
        posted
        When I bought my house last summer the previous owners left this table.. I love that it already has a hole for an umbrella to go through, but as you can see the top is not in good condition. I want to be able to keep it but I'm not sure what I can do. Would I put wood on top of the existing top, or take that off and put a new one? Thanks to all that can help me. Smile

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        It looks as if the previous owner had already laminated something over the original top and it has came apart. You might consider a piece of Plexiglass. I would remove the top layer until I got down to the original top. Cut plexiglass to the size and then paint the underneath side of it in the color of your choosing. By painting the underneath side it will hide the appearence of the old top.

Posts: 1730 | Location: Applachain | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        I would suggest to keep checking your local Craig's List. You might just be able to buy another usable table for the cost of trying to fix this one?

Posts: 6863 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of EchoLin
        posted Hide Post
        maybe, you can put a board above it and use some fabric decoration to make it looks graceful, with a table like this outside the yard is very convenient.

Posts: 154 | Registered: Apr 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post