All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Outdoor Projects    steps in hill side
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

steps in hill side Sign In/Join 
        posted
        are there any videos that show how to cut steps into hill side

Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of crafdragon
        posted Hide Post
        I have never looked for one. But we did our own steps on the back hillside behind our home. We did it on paper first- you know drew out our plan with measurements and how many steps we wanted in which places. Then we made a jig- a sample step sort of. made it the size of the concrete blocks were were going to use, but made the jig from wood. Then when we had everything started digging spaces in the hillside big enough for the jug to fit into. Then put the blocks into the spaces, got it wet to settle the blocks well, and it was done. We had to do 30 some blocks, but it turned out well I thought!
        Not sure if this helps or not but there was too much cussing to make a video of it all. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: crafdragon,

Janet Smile

Rubberstamping makes the world more colorful!!

Posts: 515 | Location: E.WA State, USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I think you can Google a YouTube search for videos. There might be some gardening magazines that offer videos but I haven't seen any.

There are some articles that could be of help though. Try these:

http://www.mastergardenproduct...erscorner/terrac.htm (this seems to be the most thorough article I found)

http://www.ehow.com/how_120723...ced-garden-beds.html (not quite as thorough as the first article but somewhat helpful)

http://raisedgarden.lifetips.c...gardening/index.html (a more general article and more conceptual than instructive but somewhat helpful)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1751 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post