All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Outdoor Projects    Sprinkler system issue
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Sprinkler system issue Sign In/Join 
        posted
        We have 7 zones programmed into our sprinkler system. Each zone used to run just like it was supposed to...one zone at a time. But now Zone 1 continues to run when any other zone is running, giving the lawn in Zone 1 territory too much watering and cutting down on the water pressure for the sprinklers in the other zones. We tried replacing our old programming station with a new one, but it still does it. Any suggestions?

Posts: 93 | Registered: Jun 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        sounds like your zone one manifold valve is stuck in the open position. check your wiring to see if it's damaged and not sending a signal to close. , or, maybe you have a piece of something stuck in the valve holding it open

Posts: 2575 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Where would I find this? Sorry...I need "Sprinklers for dummies" Razz

posted Hide Post
        You should have a box in the ground that opens up. There are valves in there. If you manually fire each zone one at a time, you should hear that the valves open and close. I agree, zone one is sticking. It could also be a loose wire or a bad diaphragm.

Posts: 2488 | Registered: Apr 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks! I will check on that this weekend. If the valve is stuck in the open position, what would be the fix for that? A new valve? Could I get that at Home Depot or somewhere such as that?

posted Hide Post
        Yes, new valves available at Home Depot or Lowes or Ace, check your wire connections at each valve too, maybe some are touching each other and should not be.

Posts: 977 | Location: No. California | Registered: Mar 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        chances are you dont need a new valve, probably the problem is with the solenoid that operates the valve. find the manufacturer of the valve, go to their web site, and get a breakdown of the valve along with instructions on trouble shooting it, then get the defective part. If the problem is with a piece of junk stuck in the valve, it should be easy to clean it out

Posts: 2575 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post