All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Outdoor Projects    jump the druggies
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

jump the druggies Sign In/Join 
        posted
        just a new post to get past the dope seller. Spaminator, go get 'em

Posts: 2536 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        'Fraid I've lost my touch. I reported those software and movie download spammers and beyond the auto responses, I only got a message from DIY advising me to use the icon on the post, rather than the "contact us" form as I have been using, and which was the only way I could get results.

I will try it again, but to report each of the dozens of spam posts is very time consuming. If I could find a way to contact the people most affected (i.e., Microsoft, Adobe) for these various posts I think their complaints to Scripps would weigh more than mine would.

I'm open to and welcome suggestions. This multiple post nonsense is getting ridiculous.

I'm really frustrated. Frown

I don't think DIY is interested in keeping this board free of spammers.

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        in that case, it spells the doom of a great forum, leaving it to the spammers. maybe they deserve each other

Posts: 2536 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I reported the post along with suggesting that by permitting them the DIY network may be aiding and abetting the sale of drug dispensing without a prescription. Maybe they will wake up

Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Nona, good thought! I didn't even think that these are drugs which require prescriptions. I'm going to do some research tomorrow and see if any are controlled substances; if so, I'll contact the DEA!

I feel re-energized now. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
        I receive email notifications from this forum, at the bottom of my email notification was a link that allowed me to block notifications from the sender. It's a bandaid, I realize, and it stops that spammer from emailing me and not the forum. I'm sure no forum, especially a quality one with expert contributors like this one, wants to permit spammers. I'm hoping the moderators will act on this pronto - I have faith! Smile

Posts: 188 | Location: Western PA | Registered: Jan 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by GardenSprite:

I'm really frustrated. Frown

Maybe a Xanax or Ambien would help? Roll Eyes

I sent in my request to DIY too.

Jaybee

Posts: 10311 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Just took my cyberXanax. Feeling better already. Big Grin

And look what I found:

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/consumer_alert.htm

Tomorrow I'll go after Mr. Druggie Spammer.

posted Hide Post
        I know where you can get that Xanax real cheap. or at least, that's what they say. it's probably toenail clippings and melamine powder.

reported the druggie spammer yesterday.

you would think, with all the access to the world's supply of cheapest drugs, the HyperSpam Deluxe monkeys typing on Commodore 64 knockoffs who posted it would have been a little calmer in their approach towards poaching somebody else's business machine.

so I think their stuff doesn't work.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5734 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        I too will give it a go. Sad to see the board crash & burn.

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1438 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks for the help. I'm hoping Scripps will take action if more people than just me protest. Thus far I've seen no deletion of any of the posts reported, so I'm going to try a few new tactics.

At least the druggie spammer has stopped, temporarily. I've found a few more governmental task force types that I'll try.

If you glance down at the Knitting Forum, you'll see that other than a few posts by us, there's been nothing but spam for days.

The apparent worst one is still at it. Vasyaboy had posted 135 spams about 5 minutes ago and now is up to 276 and probably hasn't stopped. I think this has got to be a bot. Even a spammer couldn't copy and paste that quickly.

This time the spams include offers for Apple Software. Apple is pretty aggressive about its position, so maybe they'll contact Scripps and wake them up. Too bad Jobs is gone - he could go after this guy and cybershred him.

Thanks again. This last week has been the worst spam outbreak ever for this Board - these spammers are like Typhoid Mary. Maybe that's what they should be called - The Typhoid Spammers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        Sad to think that somebody has to at least type up or paste up the original text for all this crap.

Jaybee

Posts: 10311 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by Jaybee:
        Sad to think that somebody has to at least type up or paste up the original text for all this crap.

I think some of the so-called posts are just copies of most of what's on a particular screen. Maybe the spammers haven't yet learned how to selectively copy and paste. That may be in the advanced spamming course.