All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Outdoor Projects    Sail Canopy posts?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Sail Canopy posts? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I'm hoping somebody else here has seen this because I have searched everywhere and can not find anything.

I was watching HGTV or diy a few weeks ago and when they were installing a sail canopy, instead of using a 4x4 post and mounting hardware to it, they had an aluminum post that had a track built into the post for easy pitch adjustments of the sail.

I can't remember the brand that made them or anything, I just remember that it was an aluminum post for sail canopies so you can slide the sail up and down the track so you can change the angle of the sail (morning and afternoon sun perhaps). Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Do you have any recollection what the name of the show was? If so, you could search the archives, perhaps contact the show customer relations person and try to get info on the product.

Posts: 1743 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        You know, I did think about this but unfortunately, I do not remember which show it was. It had to have been Backyard Crashers or one of those type shows. If I knew exactly which one and which day I saw it, my search would be a little easier. I'm surprised nobody else has seen these or knows about them. I can't even Google anything on it.

Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Was it something like this? It doesn't necessarily have a track but it allegedly has 5 adjustment levels. Enlarge the thumbnails for more detail.

http://www.elitedeals.com/sunshsapoonn.html

You might also try Googling "sun canopy adjustable poles".

I'm not very familiar with these canopies so I'm wondering if you could just find a pole that's adjustable and use it with a sail canopy, i.e., look for the pole first.

Good luck.

Posts: 1743 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        very similar. If I can't find it, this is probably my next best option. I might need to find a way to make it taller though unless I mount it to my deck flooring. My deck sits about 14" off the ground and I was planning on putting the posts on the outside of the deck. So, with this pole being the highest of 9'2", I would lose 14" of that, making it 8' tall over the deck. I think that MIGHT be OK, I do have some tiki torches that mount to the deck railing so I'm thinking about fire safety here. Another foot would be safer, IMHO.