All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Outdoor Projects    Outdoor Brick grill
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Outdoor Brick grill Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I would like to convert my outdoor brick grill to use gas as that is what I prefer to cook with but I am not sure if it is worth it or even a possibility. I have attached a picture of the grill and I am in the process of cleaning all the junk from it. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know I don't have a large budget and I am handy. My current time frame is 2 months as I would like to use it for a family get together in July. Thanks for looking and any help you can provide me.

Grill Picture

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        This is beyond my knowledge but I just wanted to comment on the nice shed you have. Looks like the roof is quite new.

Posts: 1737 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I don't know if this would work, having only 1 photo to go by, but, I assume the space below the grate is hollow. Could you get a used gas grill and adapt it to that space ? I would rebuild the doors on either side and keep the propane tank in one of those areas. you might even reduce the height, by about 1/2, of the front bricks to allow more access to the grill. You might even be able to find a natural stone to replace the tops on either side of the grill
        This is a nice looking unit and with a little fixing up, will look great. Post a photo when you're done

Posts: 2504 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post