DIY Message Boards
Outdoor Brick grill

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9321916776/m/4603946077

May 18, 2013, 01:19 PM
mksennett
Outdoor Brick grill
I would like to convert my outdoor brick grill to use gas as that is what I prefer to cook with but I am not sure if it is worth it or even a possibility. I have attached a picture of the grill and I am in the process of cleaning all the junk from it. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know I don't have a large budget and I am handy. My current time frame is 2 months as I would like to use it for a family get together in July. Thanks for looking and any help you can provide me.

Grill Picture

May 18, 2013, 05:42 PM
GardenSprite
This is beyond my knowledge but I just wanted to comment on the nice shed you have. Looks like the roof is quite new.
May 19, 2013, 04:03 PM
nona
I don't know if this would work, having only 1 photo to go by, but, I assume the space below the grate is hollow. Could you get a used gas grill and adapt it to that space ? I would rebuild the doors on either side and keep the propane tank in one of those areas. you might even reduce the height, by about 1/2, of the front bricks to allow more access to the grill. You might even be able to find a natural stone to replace the tops on either side of the grill
This is a nice looking unit and with a little fixing up, will look great. Post a photo when you're done