All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  Outdoor Projects    Garage Door Install (Door Link MFG)
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Garage Door Install (Door Link MFG) Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I was wondering if any one has experience in installing a 3610 garage door from Door Link MFG. I'm trying to locate come install instructions for this door. I have installed a couple garage doors before but always have had instructions especially when it comes to the torsion install.

I have contacted door link and they said they do not have any instructions and I have call the wholesale place where I purchased the door and they do not have any as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
        Troy

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi Atomicx6637,

I did a search for instructions on how to install a garage door and came across the follow web page that has a variety of links to do this. Some links on the page include step by step instructions and You Tube Links. Though the links may not be specific to your garage door they may help you by comparing your door to the links and help guide you in doing it.

http://www.webcrawler.com/info...t=info.wbcrwl.305.06

The alternative is to have it installed by a pro in your are that is recommended by the manufacturer or where you bought the door.

Good Luck!

Posts: 518 | Registered: Mar 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        we recently installed an Ideal (Clopay) doublewide door. tension springs are seriously dangerous, so pay close attention.

the easy way is if there is a screw-install tensioner as on our door. you bit up a power drill and crank the spring the specified number of turns, for our door it was in the 18 turn vicinity. test ease of opening, and add a half turn at a time if it's "heavy" and take as much off if it's "light" or creeps open.

the other way is more dangerous. there should have been two metal sticks in the package for this. you have to loosen the business end of the spring assembly by its jam bolts, and then crank it tight a quarter turn at a time by a metal stick, then placing the other one in the top hole FIRMLY to hold the spring while you get ready to pull down on the hole facing inside.

there is literally a ton of force on that spring once you get started, and if it flies out of control, it's a widowmaker.

for a spring like that without a DIY-friendly screw tensioner, I would call in the pros, absolutely, and stay the devil out of the way.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5763 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Hi to everyone from Toronto! My husband has just installed these overhead garage doors. We have found a lot of useful information on the company web site. May be it would be helpful for your purposes.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Apr 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post