DIY Message Boards
my yard

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9321916776/m/3313947967

Apr 14, 2013, 10:11 PM
edday
my yard
I have remodel most of my home I am at a stand still when it comes to my yard i need help badly
Apr 15, 2013, 04:41 PM
joecercone
You need to provide more information, pictures, etc. Your post gives us nothing to go on.
May 15, 2013, 11:30 PM
EchoLin
first, you need to know the what theme you like to decorate your house, and buy some home decorations you like can help you redecorate your house, besides, remodel a house takes a lot of money, so, i think you can learn some diy projects to help you.
May 16, 2013, 12:23 PM
swschrad
there's the vaguest spammer of the week! your award: zip, nada, zilch.

@edday: if you're at sea just looking at the yard, start collecting pictures of pretty ones from magazines, etc. make a mental note when you visit folks what you like in their yard, and write it down when you get home. eventually you will get a list of likes, and a few pictures showing them in place, somewhere.

then you get the lay of the land at your place... hills, sloping, trees, etc. forget about the abandoned concrete pads, rusted collapsed sheds, whatever is there. some sweat and a few pain relievers will get rid of all the garbage, and you can use the little cloth dumpsters at the home centers.

then you draw. plan what you want.

then you redraw.

then you do it again Wink

then you start pricing stuff, and at that point, you start deciding what order you are going to do your smaller projects in to get the big one before we all die.

first step... find things you like. that ought to be easy.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
May 16, 2013, 12:54 PM
GardenSprite
Edday, in what part of the country do you live? What is your yard like now? Do you have time to landscape and/or garden, and if so, do you enjoy that or would you prefer a low maintenance yard?

This is the time of year when garden magazines and ideas are abundant. Check them out at Lowes, Home Depot or Barnes & Noble. Fine Gardening has one of its annual special interest publications titled Outdoor Ideas and Solutions on sale now.

But for more details, you'll need to give us some more information and/or preferably provide photos.

Swschrad, notice that this spammer uses marketing techniquest to attract attention by providing a photo of a cute little baby?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,
May 16, 2013, 04:01 PM
swschrad
rented a stock picture for $30, I suspect.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
May 16, 2013, 04:12 PM
GardenSprite
quote:
Originally posted by swschrad:
rented a stock picture for $30, I suspect.

And EchoLn will be spamming until he/she makes up that $30, I bet.