All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    Must guest bathroom have door to hallway?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Must guest bathroom have door to hallway? Sign In/Join 
        Picture of cstorm15
        posted
        I have a 2 bed/2 bath condo. The second bedroom is a guest bedroom/home office. As you can see from the attached floorplan, the second bathroom situation is awkward. There is a big dead space as soon as you enter the bathroom, and the second bedroom closet is attached to the second bathroom, not the second bedroom.

For a relatively small expense, I can remove the second bedroom hallway and have the second bathroom open directly into the second bedroom, thereby expanding the bedroom by three feet. The problem is that I would eliminate the public access to the second bathroom and require guests to walk through the second bedroom.

So what's more valuable, a larger second bedroom with a private bathroom or a smaller second bedroom with a publicly-accessible bathroom?

Floorplan

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        It's best to check with realtors in your area, but I vote for the leaving it as a public access bathroom.

Posts: 871 | Location: No. California | Registered: Mar 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post