All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    A "tool" I love
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

A "tool" I love Sign In/Join 
        Picture of SturdyNail
        posted
        I guess you could call it a "tool". I've gotten so much mileage out of my "Baker's Scaffold" that I want to say that I'm glad I bought it over a year ago.

You do need to be careful, because it can be tipsy if you're on uneven ground.
        One other thing about it is that the platform has a very thin wood veneer on it and, although I try to avoid it, I'd occasionally get caught in the rain. The moisture started de-laminating the veneer. So, this spring I applied several coats of polyurethane and added non-skid sand to the final coat.

Why am I bringing it up? One of the big box home stores is having a great, one day, sale on them today. I paid the full price they show and am still glad I bought it.

Posts: 323 | Location: Western NewYork | Registered: Jan 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        Bakers racks make an excellent drying rack for stained or painted sticks {7'} of casing and cut extension jamb needed for larger projects. Big Grin

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1535 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        heck, we just put the warped boards on sawhorses and use that. an enterprising fellow with lots of trees could just string ropes between them, and use THAT.

but whatever tool you have that fits, works.

now where did I put that flamethrower, I see a mosquito...

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5820 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        True, but in a tight spot going vertical increases the layout volume available by the area squared or cubed or something. Or it might be Murphy's Law. Or maybe by Pi x radius Big Grin
        Racks make a great staging area with a simple plank laid across a rung, say for electricians who no longer feels the need to bend over for a hand tool or wire nut ever 30 seconds.
        Enjoy Saturday all.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CommonwealthSparky,

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1535 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post