All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    help please
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

help please Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hate my kitchen...and need it a house make over, we bough my inlaws house and their kitchen was white and I hate it, white cabites, white floor, black and white tiles.....white white white.....
        My would like to retouch the touch the house to make a little our, my inlaws still think that is theirs because I think it looks the same....Please help meeeeeee...

Natalia Mendoza

Posts: 3 | Location: Queens, New York | Registered: Mar 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        You bought it, it's yours. Do what you want and can afford. Could be just adding some color - accent wall, paint cabinets even artwork could tone down both the white and the in-law memories.

Jaybee

Posts: 10135 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Never invite the in-laws over again and you can keep everything as is [save money] and be done with it...

On your color scheme, whatever you do [if you do], make sure the kitchen changes transitions to the adjacent rooms colors, or colors to be.

Some low cost changes are paint [DIY], tile backsplash [semi-DIY if you have done before] and flooring [DIY based on type].

If the floor is tile, you can purchase a laminate and install a floating floor as long as the tile is pretty evenly installed and the laminate comes in double-sheets. Make sure you get a laminate that does good with water droplets...

good luck,
        tstex

Posts: 336 | Registered: Jun 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        go 4 complete makeover and erase in-laws memory
        then invite them to lunch
        that will be cool

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of eric_hern
        posted Hide Post
        re painting the walls feels like you are in a new house too! If the in-laws painted them white, you can have beige, cream, light colors.. dark colors, whatever suits you. After all, its yours Smile

I'm a drywaller not a plumber. Leave it to me, most kitchen repair jobs should be left to the pros.

Posts: 7 | Location: Bethesda, Maryland | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Where are the black and white tiles? On the floor, or a backsplash? I think those might be your biggest concern re: coordinating with new colors. It could get busy. Seeing you don't like the black and white theme maybe get rid of those first. The rest is easy - paint. Also think about putting in some new window coverings, they can make a big difference to a room and don't have to be expensive.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of sandylee123
        posted Hide Post
        It's your house, you can change as you like

Posts: 123 | Registered: May 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by nimitlawson:
        go 4 complete makeover and erase in-laws memory
        then invite them to lunch
        that will be cool

Or better still, invite them over to a "make-over" party. That would be really cool. Razz Whatever color you like the best, re-paint the kitchen in that color with the floor being a darker shade of that.

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post