DIY Message Boards
help please

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9221916776/m/9303911967

Mar 22, 2013, 04:02 PM
Naty
help please
Hate my kitchen...and need it a house make over, we bough my inlaws house and their kitchen was white and I hate it, white cabites, white floor, black and white tiles.....white white white.....
My would like to retouch the touch the house to make a little our, my inlaws still think that is theirs because I think it looks the same....Please help meeeeeee...

Natalia Mendoza
Mar 22, 2013, 10:14 PM
Jaybee
You bought it, it's yours. Do what you want and can afford. Could be just adding some color - accent wall, paint cabinets even artwork could tone down both the white and the in-law memories.

Jaybee
Mar 23, 2013, 04:30 PM
tstex
Never invite the in-laws over again and you can keep everything as is [save money] and be done with it...

On your color scheme, whatever you do [if you do], make sure the kitchen changes transitions to the adjacent rooms colors, or colors to be.

Some low cost changes are paint [DIY], tile backsplash [semi-DIY if you have done before] and flooring [DIY based on type].

If the floor is tile, you can purchase a laminate and install a floating floor as long as the tile is pretty evenly installed and the laminate comes in double-sheets. Make sure you get a laminate that does good with water droplets...

good luck,
tstex
Apr 01, 2013, 06:09 PM
nimitlawson
go 4 complete makeover and erase in-laws memory
then invite them to lunch
that will be cool
Apr 02, 2013, 11:08 AM
eric_hern
re painting the walls feels like you are in a new house too! If the in-laws painted them white, you can have beige, cream, light colors.. dark colors, whatever suits you. After all, its yours Smile

I'm a drywaller not a plumber. Leave it to me, most kitchen repair jobs should be left to the pros.
Apr 04, 2013, 12:57 PM
sugarsuds
Where are the black and white tiles? On the floor, or a backsplash? I think those might be your biggest concern re: coordinating with new colors. It could get busy. Seeing you don't like the black and white theme maybe get rid of those first. The rest is easy - paint. Also think about putting in some new window coverings, they can make a big difference to a room and don't have to be expensive.
May 23, 2013, 05:01 AM
sandylee123
It's your house, you can change as you like
May 27, 2013, 07:02 PM
Times 5
quote:
Originally posted by nimitlawson:
go 4 complete makeover and erase in-laws memory
then invite them to lunch
that will be cool

Or better still, invite them over to a "make-over" party. That would be really cool. Razz Whatever color you like the best, re-paint the kitchen in that color with the floor being a darker shade of that.