DIY Message Boards
T-111 indoors - feature wall ?

This topic can be found at:

Aug 03, 2013, 07:20 PM
T-111 indoors - feature wall ?
So, my bedroom wall is bubbling due to 2 coats of paint over wallpaper glue. We thought we cleaned it well but apparently not. Now, I'd like to avoid scrapping it all down and filling in with putty and sanding. Can I use T-111 on that wall? I like the rustic look and it'd would go with the cottage/rustic look I'm going for.
Aug 03, 2013, 07:35 PM
You can, I'd probably opt for Hardi-Panel if you want to paint it a color. If you want to go with the wood color use real wood T1-11, but for a painted surface Hardi is easier to paint and isn't as rough as real wood T1-11. Hardi gives you the texture without the splinters.

I used Hardi-Panel T1-11 on two screen porches I built for the interior walls.

Another less messy and cheaper option would be to scrape and clean the walls with TSP and then cover the drywall with a paintable wallpaper underliner. This is a heavy paper that can be put on paneling and cinderblock to smooth it out for wallpaper. There are also paintable embossed papers that could be used.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sparky617,

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.