All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    Garage Floor Moiture Wicking up Walls
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Garage Floor Moiture Wicking up Walls Sign In/Join 
        posted
        My garage floor is not so level, as you can see from the first pic, snow melt off the cars runs to a low spot next to my side door. Water is also getting under the garage door/floor seal and ending up in the same location.

From the second picture you can see that the low concrete wall seems to be wicking up the moisture and into the baseboard.

The third picture shows the wall to the right of the door, and you can faintly see the wet concrete wall ends just below the radiator (which we never use).

I think this is obvious, but wanted to be sure on the cause and fix. The water must be seeping into the cove joint? Could some hydraulic cement help me here, or some other product?

I assume there would be a sill gasket protecting the toe plate, but the drywall and baseboard is wet as well, I am not sure if this is from water coming in from above, or potentially in from the door.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kal72,

Posts: 215 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Can you post pictures of around the outside.?

Posts: 910 | Registered: Jan 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post