All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    Display Case
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Display Case Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I've been asked to build a display case for three golf clubs from the early 1900s. I feel pretty comfortable building the case but I'm not sure how to attach the clubs to the back board so they do not move around. The case will be hung on the wall. My plan is to use 1/4 inch plywood or masonite for the back board. Put green felt on the board and attach the clubs to the board. What should I use to make it look good and how do I go about attaching the clubs? Anything else I should be concerned about?

Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Conrad
        posted Hide Post
        Some ideas to start you out with?

I have found a few strands of a heavy/transparent fishing line can support a lot of things, and still not show. If you come through some small drilled holes in the back, with a large needle, this might work to hold the handles to the back.

For supporting the club part, maybe a "shelf" made of several golf tees inserted and glued into a wood block?

Posts: 6859 | Location: Plains and Mountains | Registered: Sep 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post