DIY Message Boards

This topic can be found at:

Jun 11, 2013, 08:34 AM
When it comes to trimming windows, I understand the casing, stool, and cove, crown, etc.... But the apron has me confused. Is it simply the casing trim around the window turned upside down? Or is it trim specifically called an apron.? Or do you use an assortment of trim boards to make your own?
Jun 19, 2013, 12:50 PM
I can't answer your question but am just bringing it back up so perhaps someone else can address your queries.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,
Jun 19, 2013, 02:34 PM
Generally the profile does match the sides and head of the moulding that is applied to the window. But I have also applied 1X4 stock in situations to help cover paneling or drywall gaps. You may or may not like the look, but it is like painting, if not to your liking redo the work. Big Grin

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...