All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    furring out wall with foam on it
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

furring out wall with foam on it Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I have one block wall I'm thinking of just furring out instead framing 2 X 4 in front of. Will have 2" rigid insulation on it first. Reason for furring is trying to save space, need as many inches/feet as possible in this direction,... saw the crossgrid method on this old house clip,...is this method a good way to go?...they say you can run wire behind grid up or down and just notch foam to fit any boxes. Looks like I would have to drill and put in hilti screws or tapcons.
        Fortunately next week I'll be working on a more fun project. It involves cutting limes,selecting proper libation,mixer (minimal) and working on tan, then repeat. Hard part will be brushing up on Spanish on plane. Uno cerveza porfavor and what ever I learned watching Speedy Gonzalez.

Posts: 101 | Registered: Jan 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I think after the anxiety of dealing with all the house issues that a trip somewhere warm is an appropriate reward. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1949 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Actually I thought it was quite clever. It's not easy to adapt Poe for contemporary applications, especially something so far from his writings as football.

So, when will the next literary masterpiece be posted? Before or after the liquid libations? Wink

Posts: 1949 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Cancun.?
        If so did you go Apple.?

Posts: 899 | Registered: Jan 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Apple schmapple, got my ace travel agent DIY Adventures (wife) who does extensive research to find exhilarating accommodations and itineraries to rival anything Shackleton or Dr. Livingston could come up with. Check out Cantamar on Cozumel as you curse bluestreak in our direction while shoveling snow.

Posts: 101 | Registered: Jan 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post