All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    how to replace an outside wall beam
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

how to replace an outside wall beam Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I have a pier and beam house. One of the beams needs to be replaced. The beam is on the outside wall. I can understand the need to support all the beams that meet the beam needing replacement. While I remove the damaged beam. But my concern is what will support the wall during the removal/replacement process.
        My father and I discussed completing this project, but I just didn't have the funds to purchase the materials prior to his recent death.

I have some home improvement and building experience. I thought of trying to contact a professional but to be honest I wouldn't know who to contact.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        There should not be any beams meeting it. They are either on top or under that beam. You just need to go below what you have as close to the damaged beam and situate a temporary beam to support what the damage beam is supporting, jack it up and block it while removing and replacing.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Applachain | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Can you post a picture or two.?

Posts: 910 | Registered: Jan 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post