All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    Trying to squeeze life out of an old, Craftsman, 9 inch table saw.
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Trying to squeeze life out of an old, Craftsman, 9 inch table saw. Sign In/Join 
        Picture of SturdyNail
        posted
        Hi,

Several years ago, I inherited a Craftsman table saw (model 113.241730) from my father-in-law.
        I can't afford to buy a new one, so I'm wondering if there are "after market" or generic parts that could make the saw more usable.
        Many of the parts are listed as "no longer available" from Sears. And the parts that are available are ridiculously expensive. The knob used to raise the blade was over $30 dollars, so I'm still using a vise grip.
        I'd like a new guard and a splitter, because it was impossible to get the one that came with the saw to remain stable and aligned.
        And, I have a heck of a time keeping the fence square to the blade.
        On the plus side, it has a very sturdy metal deck.

Is it possible to find non-Sears parts that will be compatible with this saw? Even the 9" blade is fairly rare.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Posts: 350 | Location: Western NewYork | Registered: Jan 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Sears does not make it's own products sold under the Sears or Craftsman name. Other manufacturers make them. I once had a site that you could cross reference that information but have misplaced it. Maybe someone else here would have that. If so you can find out who actually made it and order parts through them. Sorry I wasn't much help.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Applachain | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post