DIY Message Boards
Tile backsplash

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9221916776/m/5403962377

Aug 22, 2013, 08:50 PM
Travis2897
Tile backsplash
Looking to install backlash along kitchen counter tops. I've done the floor in the basement and tne upstairs bathroom is it safe to assume I can do it. Or is it more difficult?
Aug 23, 2013, 06:30 PM
Jaybee
A backsplash is easier than a floor. It's more visible, so any flaws or bad cuts will show up more. You also need a little more advance planning on tile placement to make for the best look at corners or ends. There will also be a need for some bullnose tile on the ends.

You can install with mastic rather than thinset, although thinset will also work.

Jaybee
Sep 11, 2013, 09:26 AM
Christine Welby
Installing a backsplash is definitely easier. You have lots of materials you can use to get the project done. However, in my opinion, the easiest way to go is by using a mat tile adhesive (like Bondera). It’s very efficient for these kind of projects, you’ll avoid the mess and you’ll finish a lot faster. Buy it at 561-881-5555 if you can’t find it locally.
Sep 11, 2013, 06:13 PM
Conrad
I would always suggest if you don't have it yet, adding any under cabinet lighting, should you desire. To run wiring/switch/adding outlets could be fairly easy, and any wall damage will not need to be repaired perfectly, as then it will be hidden under the tile.