All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    Safety Issues: medical alert systems
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Safety Issues: medical alert systems Sign In/Join 
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted
        This is a little bit off-topic, but it does address security, so I think it falls generally within the range of discussions here.

Does anyone have any experience, recommendations and/or caution for medical alert devices? So far my research shows that they’re all “the best on the market”, but that some are exorbitantly expensive with high installation costs, and that there are different ranges and support with the different devices and providers. There are pendants, watch type wrist bands, and small “monitors.”

I’m also especially interested in experiences with the providers, which include ambulance systems, hospital systems, and for profit companies. My inclination is to go with a hospital system and/or an ambulance system, but I’m not sure they would be as effective in covering nonmedical emergencies, which is also a consideration.

My criteria so far are that the device needs to be:

1. Waterproof
        2. Have a range of +/- 75 feet outside of the house, and
        3. Not interfere with a pacemaker.

Any positive or negative experiences as well as suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1741 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        The most popular medical alert systems available today are the ones that will connect you to a 24-hour emergency monitoring service when you need help. These units come with waterproof "SOS" buttons. One of the most widely used is the Philips Lifeline Medical Alert Service.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jun 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post