All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    Wet saw problem
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Wet saw problem Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I have a husky thd950L wet saw that stopped cutting a stone tile half way thru the cut. Water is getting to the blade. It's acting as if it's cutting the tile "dry" but I can clearly see water dripping onto the back end of the tile. If I try to gently force it thru, I can see the stone getting red hot where the saw is touching it. I blew thru the hose and it seems to be clear of debris. It seems like a water issue but I don't know what else to do short of dismantling the plastic tube.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Dec 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        Could you be cutting to quickly? It is not a race when doing your cuts, but is sure is painstakingly slow sometimes.

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1535 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Sounds like the pump is not picking up the water. Sometimes there is a filter of sorts on the pump. If it gets clogged it will not pick the water up out of the tray. If it is not clogged then the pump is the issue. Maybe one of these will work.

https://www.google.com/search?..........0.o6NtEGDAIM4

Posts: 1772 | Location: Applachain | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        The wet stone 'dust' will pack everywhere. You need to clean out all the tubing plus the pump fairly frequently.

The other possibility is that you wore through the diamond part of the cutting blade and are down to just steel. Take a close look at the edge - the diamond part is always slightly granular while a worn to steel blade is perfectly smooth.

Jaybee

Posts: 10430 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks for the help. I think it could be a clogged pump or hose. I'll have to dismantle it tomorrow. I think the blade is ok as I can still feel the rough surface.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Dec 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post