All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    Trolls, Spammers and Other Undesirables
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Trolls, Spammers and Other Undesirables Sign In/Join 
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted
        As I'm sure many of you are aware, recently there have been a number of spammers advertising various products and/or services.

And as I'm sure you're also aware, there has been a problem with one particular troll who repeatedly asks questions, challenges them, and eventually becomes belligerent and quite rude despite having received excellent advice.

In spite of reporting these TOS infringements through the link in the posting box, nothing apparently is done, and the abuses are repeated.

But I think the current troll has demonstrated that the admins need to intervene, and BLOCK this person from posting at all, under whatever screen name he/she may create.

Here are some other options; I don't know if they'll be successful but they're worth a try.

From FAQs:

"If your question was not answered above, you can send us an email or chat live online with one of our Customer Services Associates using the Contact Us link located throughout the site. Our Associates are available Monday - Friday, 9a to 5p ET. ..."
        http://www.diynetwork.com/abou...questions/index.html

This is probably related more to projects, but it's worth a try and might even lead to someone who can intervene.

I haven't found the online chat link yet.

Contact them also at:

http://www.diynetwork.com/cont...s/package/index.html

I apologize if it seems arrogant of me to assume that others haven't found this information. It just seems as though all the efforts to get the admins to intervene have been fruitless and I was hoping that some of these other options, if not yet used, might produce results.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1746 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        I will add to this the crop of new posters who simply post to make inane comments or to give wrong advice based on no experience. Why someone would post just to say that they know nothing about the topic and can add nothing or to recommend that you should clean wood with water prior to painting is beyond me. But, there they are.

Just a note to all so that if you do see a post that makes you remove your fingers from the keyboard just so you can scratch your head to check out a few other things - like total post count, join date and even recent post history.

Jaybee

Posts: 10146 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Has anyone found the link for online chats with an admin?

Just found it:

http://www.diynetwork.com/cont...s/package/index.html

It was disabled as a live chat link over the weekend.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

Posts: 1746 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post