All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    hvac filter size
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

hvac filter size Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I am wondering what size air filter cabinet I need for my new furnace. I know there are alot of calculations that go with all this. A guy thru work is coming to do a new furnace. My old one was actually to small for the house that I just bought. I purchased stuff thru work for better pricing and this is what I got. 80k 95.2% furnace. 2 stage variable dc motor. now the knock out for the filter cabinet is 15x23. my old furnace runs a 16x 20 filter on a 60k 80%furnace.

1. Without custom ordering I have not found a filter cab that is 15x23

2. The company that sold me new furnace sold me a 16x25 filter cab or air drop.

3. generally speaking will a 16x20 allow enough air flow? or can the hvac guy adapt the new one.

Im suppose to pick up all the stuff so it is ready to install. I just want to get the right stuff since he is doing it for next to nothing and I want to make things easier for him.

thank you in advance
        Jason

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        For something as specific as this without having to do sever modificatons I would suggest calling the Manufacture for a distributor of the specific Air Filter you need.

Posts: 5 | Location: NV | Registered: Feb 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post