All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    Contractor ruined your renovation? Be on the new season of Rescue My Renovation!
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Contractor ruined your renovation? Be on the new season of Rescue My Renovation! Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Did a contractor ruin your renovation? We can fix it at no cost to you! Apply to be on the DIY Network show “Rescue My Renovation” by filling out the online application at www.rescuemyrenovation.com.

*PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for situations in which a contractor attempted the job but did the work poorly or incorrectly. Instances in which a contractor began work but abandoned the project part way through or failed to even start the project will not qualify for the show.

Posts: 6 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: Jun 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I hope all the posters who request help for ruined renovations also "get it" and apply. Perhaps they can get some relief for their problems.

At least the new season will bring some changes; some of those Rescue My Renovation episodes are repeated over and over and over.

Posts: 1950 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        you have to feed the beast that is TV with something. it never sleeps, it never rests, it just DEMANDS...

also of note, the show is based in Noo Yawk City, and unless you are in the reasonable commuting area, you don't qualify. but that has gotten up into Connecticut at least once.

there are quite enough crummy incompetents using mailing tubes for load beams up there for the show to run a thousand years. just by percentages, there have to be.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5832 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Swschrad, not to split hairs with you, but I would propose that it's the audience that demands to be fed and tv is merely a medium....Like the Romans who maintained the arenas and caged the lions until they were ready to be released to entertain the citizens of Rome by terrorizing those unfortunate enough to be selected as lion bait. If there wasn't a demand, the atrocities might have stopped.

posted Hide Post
        I don't know, maybe the man in charge demands it.?

Posts: 899 | Registered: Jan 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        Well, I think all DIY needs to do now is follow the trail of this alleged contractor who is obviously not based in Texas then call in DeSilvia to clean up the mess. An added twist might be what happens when the alleged contractor doesn't speak enough English to understand what it is needs to be done. Should give the program a diffent slant.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,

posted Hide Post
        from the standpoint of feeding the beast, as I grew up as a broadcast brat and have worked in all aspects of news and production, when the transmitter is on, the beast must be fed. whether you have one viewer or 100,000, you have to be there. if the schedule doesn't say "off the air," don't be.

FCC licensing requires if the transmitter is on, it has to be modulated with something. color bars, wrasslin', anything. back in my generation, NTSC television, full-power was black screen, and the transmitter would literally burn up with 5 minutes of black. feeding the Hughes satellite or the Intelsats is a different beast, but no programming, no potential audience, no ad sales. no ad sales, no channel 230.

the beast is always whispering, "feed me. FEED ME."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5832 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post