DIY Message Boards
spammers

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9221916776/m/2903955077

May 14, 2013, 04:19 PM
nona
spammers
I think the best way to handle the spammers is to completely ignore their posts and not to reply if you should read it.
By replying you just give them something to chuckle about, and encourage them to do more, sooner or later they will go away, but unfortunately another will pop up as they breed like roaches
May 14, 2013, 05:34 PM
GardenSprite
Nona, I know you're right but this latest Kurz is really irritating. And stupid. I suppose you're also right in irritation is their goal.

I also think Joe Caption made a good point that new posters can be discouraged when they see all this spam.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,
May 14, 2013, 06:26 PM
swschrad
problem is, that slop stays on the board. manglement and the site admins should either enforce the TOS or get rid of them. REAL websites do.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
May 14, 2013, 08:04 PM
Re-mdlr
Congratulations for swschrad for hitting the number 4700

I've turned in several posts recently, and included asking them why they say no advertising is allowed, but then they allow it, as well as foul language.

I agree its best just to ignore them, but some of the stupidity just does make you snicker a laugh.
May 14, 2013, 10:05 PM
GardenSprite
Swschrad, I agree. If TOS aren't enforced, then why even bother to create them?

Re-mdlr, I can understand why DIY ignores the spammers - they're like pesky flies. But there's no excuse to ignore the vulgar insults and crude language. That's what really ticks me off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,