DIY Message Boards
New spam watchwords

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9221916776/m/2783972008

Jan 08, 2014, 10:56 AM
GardenSprite
New spam watchwords
From what I'm seeing this morning, t-h-e-r-e are several words which will trigger substitution by DIY with a series of asterisks:

You can copy and paste from this message if it helps:

t-h-e-r-e

h-e-r-e

t-o

w-a-t-c-h

Looks like t-o- will be blocked even when it appears in other words.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GardenSprite,
Jan 08, 2014, 02:24 PM
nona
what seems to be the problem with those words that trigger the substitution? Lets see what happens there, here, to, watch
I typed those four word with out the hyphens
Jan 08, 2014, 02:25 PM
nona
they ,as you see , weren't substituted Confused
Jan 08, 2014, 03:55 PM
GardenSprite
This morning I had to edit several times just to post. Testing again now.

Nona, you're right as to the word "to" - no ***. Maybe DIY Admins are still in the process of determining which words will triger the substitutions.

If that's the case, I'm pleased to be wrong! Big Grin

Jan 09, 2014, 09:37 AM
DIYAdmin2
Sorry guys! I'm trying to fix. As you know we've gotten a lot of spam lately and I set it to catch some trigger words of those spammers, but for some reason it is picking up the words separately instead of in a phrase. Ex. click here to download. I think I have fixed. Please try editing your posts and see if it is still catching and let me know if it is. Thanks!

DIY Admin2
Jan 09, 2014, 11:26 AM
GardenSprite
Testing:

to

into

there

here

watch (w-a-t-c-h)

**** (f-r-e-e)

****ze (f-r-e-e-z-e)

Jan 09, 2014, 11:28 AM
GardenSprite
quote:
Originally posted by DIYAdmin2:
Sorry guys! I'm trying to fix. As you know we've gotten a lot of spam lately and I set it to catch some trigger words of those spammers, but for some reason it is picking up the words separately instead of in a phrase. Ex. click here to download. I think I have fixed. Please try editing your posts and see if it is still catching and let me know if it is. Thanks!

"f-r-e-e" is still triggering asterisks, both indiivdually as a word and in words such as f-r-e-e-z-e.

If I discover any others, I'll just post here so you don't have to scour posts to find the words.

And thanks so much for your diligence!