All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    Wire size
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Wire size Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I'm running wire in my basement remodel. On one line I'm planning on having 3 outlets and 8 recessed lights. I have 14/2 wire but was wondering should I go with 12/2? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jul 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Frodo
        posted Hide Post
        take the 14/2 back to the store.

https://www.youtube.com/*****?v=vn7bkncf1_E

Posts: 3843 | Location: I live in southern mississippi | Registered: Jun 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of CommonwealthSparky
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by Frodo:
        take the 14/2 back to the store.

And purchase a good home improvement book while you are there. The basic how to do what when wiring should be covered in the book. As in what gauge wiring is matched with what breaker size. Or why you should thing twice about placing lights and outlets on the same circuit. Two basic but important examples. Good luck & good wiring. Big Grin

Popeye only reached for the Spinach can as a last resort...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Thanks for your responses. I have a buddy who's an electrician who was supposed to run everything but he's pretty swamped and it's holding me up, do I was just going to run the wire and have him check it out and then hook it up to the box. Appreciate the insight.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jul 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post