All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Home Improvement  Hop To Forums  General Home Improvement    How do I fix this?
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

How do I fix this? Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Hello,

I bought a chandalier at Home Depot last year - it was in my price range and looked nice. The problem is while dusting the thing a few months ago one of the pieces broke at the base. I'm not really sure how to make it come together again. I have responded with more pictures to better show the problem but here is a picture of where the base broke. It's a clean break. I tried using super glue but the piece is just too heavy. Any other ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chevy37,

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Here is a picture of one of the beaded strings - the only thing holding up the broken piece of the chandalier. On the rest of the chandalier the beaded string hangs loose but here it's straight since the broken piece is hanging down.

Any help would be much appreciated Smile

posted Hide Post
        Here is a picture of the chandalier from further away. I have drawn an arrow to show the broken piece.

posted Hide Post
        Can't really tell that much from the photo but I assume you are referring to the acrylic piece fitting into a base. If it will be hidden for the most part I would try JB Weld. Being that it is chrome plated the grey should not be that noticable. Worth a try. Most big box stores sell it.

Posts: 1759 | Location: Applachain | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        contact the manufacturer, give it the model number of the chandelier, and enclose the photos. Most will send or sell you the part needed. Taking it apart and rebuilding it is up to you, but it shouldn't be too hard
        If you look at the bottom of the chand. you will see a decorative cap held on by a decorative nut. Once you remove the cap you will see all the electrical connections as well as the device holding the arm in place. replacing the arm shouldn't be a problem

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nona,

Posts: 2540 | Location: florida | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post