DIY Message Boards
I Want that

This topic can be found at:

May 17, 2013, 07:45 PM
I Want that
About a week ago, on I want that, there was a pump for sinks full of water when they are stopped up-seemed very easy to use and I'm trying to find that product..Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!
May 21, 2013, 02:28 PM
since consumer sinks (not janitorial sinks) are above the floor at counter height, a simple siphon hose will suffice. coil up a length of tubing and put it in the standing water. plug one end with your finger over it. lift that out, dangle it in a pail while the other end of the hose is held in the sink, and let go of the lower end. gravity will pull the water out.

you may have to hold the end again and curl it back into the sink if you have a full bucket with water left in the sink.

cost: if you have a hunk of hose lying around, none. I would not chop up a good garden hose to do this, I'd run to the hardware store and buy a 10 foot coil of vinyl tubing instead.

if you really want pump action, hit the auto parts store for a bulb-and-hose gas siphon kit, $4-10. with that, you just dangle the free end and pump the bulb until the water starts flowing.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?