All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  TV Shows  Hop To Forums  New Shows    Rev. Run's Renovation
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

Rev. Run's Renovation Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Really "Rev. Run's Renovation"; who's stupid idea was this? I've only seen the promo and already know I won't watch it. DIY used to be a good network. Now they've given in to gimmicky shows instead of providing solid DIY advice. Come on guys spend a little money and develop shows with real, not made appeal, that provide real practical information. Keep the junk shows going and I'll be dropping DIY from my viewing list.

Posts: 5 | Location: New England | Registered: Sep 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I need to agree on this one. I watch a lot of DIY shows, it is some of the only worthwhile stuff on TV in my opinion. That said, this "Rev. Run's Renovation" crap could not possibly be farther from my sphere of interest if it tried. This ghetto moron in a 9000 sq.ft. house just does not apply to my life. I will be changing the channel when this comes on. What!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        [QUOTE]Originally posted by OkieNailBender:

That said, this "Rev. Run's Renovation" crap could not possibly be farther from my sphere of interest if it tried. This ghetto moron in a 9000 sq.ft. house just does not apply to my life.

QUOTE]

First, ask yourself who the potential audience is. That should be pretty obvious.

Second, some folks might be offended by your characterization of the host as a "ghetto" moron.

Posts: 1929 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        QUOTE]
        Second, some folks might be offended by your characterization of the host as a "ghetto" moron.[/QUOTE]

To that point, political correctness has been shoved down the throats of America to a sickening level. I have since learned to speak my mind as that is my right as an American. If that hurts someone's feelings, then I guess they will just have to get over it.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of sneakers
        posted Hide Post
        quote:
        Originally posted by OkieNailBender:
        QUOTE]
        Second, some folks might be offended by your characterization of the host as a "ghetto" moron.

To that point, political correctness has been shoved down the throats of America to a sickening level. I have since learned to speak my mind as that is my right as an American. If that hurts someone's feelings, then I guess they will just have to get over it.[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer the PC shoved down my throat than all the bigotry. Too much of the latter is a lot worse than too much of the former.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I think everybody is disgusted by the compound moron statement. I think we can see the guy is not dumb. I can't see anything around the stage personna, promotion is not rounding out this guy and making the show intriguing to more than a small percentage.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5822 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of sneakers
        posted Hide Post
        I thought the show sounded terribly stupid and I am not impressed by people who speak of themselves in the third person. His attire also rubbed me the wrong way. Neverthless, I gave him a shot.

It lasted maybe 5 minutes.

There is nothing compelling about this man and his fake family "drama".

Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I have to agree with most post here, rev run
        really sucks, please don't turn diy into a trash
        show.

We need more Kitchen Crashers Allison Victoria

Ivan's Garage
        http://ivanbennett.com

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post