DIY Message Boards
Rev. Run's Renovation

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9173948537/m/5483977577

Dec 08, 2013, 01:32 PM
Black Thumbs
Rev. Run's Renovation
Really "Rev. Run's Renovation"; who's stupid idea was this? I've only seen the promo and already know I won't watch it. DIY used to be a good network. Now they've given in to gimmicky shows instead of providing solid DIY advice. Come on guys spend a little money and develop shows with real, not made appeal, that provide real practical information. Keep the junk shows going and I'll be dropping DIY from my viewing list.
Jan 01, 2014, 11:37 PM
OkieNailBender
I need to agree on this one. I watch a lot of DIY shows, it is some of the only worthwhile stuff on TV in my opinion. That said, this "Rev. Run's Renovation" crap could not possibly be farther from my sphere of interest if it tried. This ghetto moron in a 9000 sq.ft. house just does not apply to my life. I will be changing the channel when this comes on. What!
Jan 03, 2014, 10:51 AM
GardenSprite
[QUOTE]Originally posted by OkieNailBender:

That said, this "Rev. Run's Renovation" crap could not possibly be farther from my sphere of interest if it tried. This ghetto moron in a 9000 sq.ft. house just does not apply to my life.

QUOTE]

First, ask yourself who the potential audience is. That should be pretty obvious.

Second, some folks might be offended by your characterization of the host as a "ghetto" moron.
Jan 19, 2014, 01:08 AM
OkieNailBender
QUOTE]
Second, some folks might be offended by your characterization of the host as a "ghetto" moron.[/QUOTE]

To that point, political correctness has been shoved down the throats of America to a sickening level. I have since learned to speak my mind as that is my right as an American. If that hurts someone's feelings, then I guess they will just have to get over it.
Jan 19, 2014, 03:03 PM
sneakers
quote:
Originally posted by OkieNailBender:
QUOTE]
Second, some folks might be offended by your characterization of the host as a "ghetto" moron.

To that point, political correctness has been shoved down the throats of America to a sickening level. I have since learned to speak my mind as that is my right as an American. If that hurts someone's feelings, then I guess they will just have to get over it.[/QUOTE]

I'd prefer the PC shoved down my throat than all the bigotry. Too much of the latter is a lot worse than too much of the former.
Jan 20, 2014, 10:59 AM
swschrad
I think everybody is disgusted by the compound moron statement. I think we can see the guy is not dumb. I can't see anything around the stage personna, promotion is not rounding out this guy and making the show intriguing to more than a small percentage.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?
Jan 20, 2014, 10:52 PM
sneakers
I thought the show sounded terribly stupid and I am not impressed by people who speak of themselves in the third person. His attire also rubbed me the wrong way. Neverthless, I gave him a shot.

It lasted maybe 5 minutes.

There is nothing compelling about this man and his fake family "drama".
Jan 28, 2014, 08:25 AM
ivansgarage
I have to agree with most post here, rev run
really sucks, please don't turn diy into a trash
show.

We need more Kitchen Crashers Allison Victoria

Ivan's Garage
http://ivanbennett.com