All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  TV Shows  Hop To Forums  New Shows    I Want that -DIY Stone
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

I Want that -DIY Stone Sign In/Join 
        posted
        Saw the product DIY stone that was being installed over a large 2 story fireplace. Wondering why DIY introduces a product when it can't be found in the U.S.A Anyone catch this episode and find the product?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of Jaybee
        posted Hide Post
        All DIY shows are produced in the US. While they don't always give the best info to locate a product, if it's on a DIY show then it is available in the US.

If you have taped the episode, go to the very end where they run the credits. Look for the "Special Thanks" section. It will list all manufacturers who donated product to the show.

Jaybee

Posts: 10099 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        way tiny type in the middle of the credits at the end of the show will indicate whether a program was produced originally for HGTV or for DIY Network (look for "executive producer for HGTV" or DIY line, or beginning or end of credits for "produced by (company name) for DIY" or HGTV. same parent company (Scripps) so the shows cross over channel lines to keep the glass eye on the wall lit.

this will have something to do with how easy it was for the program folks to get gimme product from the company.

while most major building products companies sell on both sides of the border, botique or startups don't. granted, the border is porous to goods, although US customs now requires a declaration form for each piece of stuff, not a containerfull. so you could buy a smaller item over the Internet and get it shipped here with a small customs fee possible.

cast stone, not so much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: swschrad,

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5479 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I did not tape it but the show does rerun and I will try to catch the credits. My research for the product showed only available in Europe with no US distributor and no private orders

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post