All Projects

TV Projects

What Do You Want To Work On?

What Activity Do You Want To Do?

Available Projects

Get Results

DIY Network /

Message Boards

DIY Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  TV Shows  Hop To Forums  New Shows    I want that episode 308H
        Go
        New
        Find
        Notify
        Tools

I want that episode 308H Sign In/Join 
        posted
        I just watched I Want that and my wife was intrigued about that scanner that converts old photos and negatives,does anyone know what the name of that scanner is? She has a lot of negatives she wants to convert,it would help greatly if anyone knew what it was,thanks!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        I didn't see that episode, so I'm not really sure what the scanner does, but generally they could convert negatives to a hard drive where they could be saved, if the scanner specifically has that function.

Is this what you're looking for? If so, you might want to start searching here for something that interests you:

http://www.google.com/#q=scann...704&biw=1024&bih=547

Posts: 1725 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        I done the exact google search,so no. I guess on the 19th I will watch it again and pay a little closer attention,my wife had summoned me a little too late to see what it was.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        posted Hide Post
        Minolta and Nikon have both made photo scanners for slides and negatives. iirc the tab starts at the $600 level and rises to $2000 depending on model and features. Epson may also have made such a device around 10 years ago.

the lousiest device I could find when I had a strong interest 10 years ago, before I got hitched and didn't have free cash flow any more, was 1000 dpi, and the best at the time was 4000 dpi, or better resolution than the film itself had.

sig: if this is a new economy, how come they still want my old-fashioned money?

Posts: 5475 | Location: North Burbs, MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
        Picture of GardenSprite
        posted Hide Post
        OldDeadOne, out of curiosity, I did some searching but could find only a description of show #308H:

http://www.diynetwork.com/i-wa...-acoustic/index.html.

If you missed it tonight, perhaps you can watch it on your computer and get more information on the scanner.

Good luck.

Posts: 1725 | Registered: Oct 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post