DIY Message Boards
Card Swap

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8811916776/m/8943926767

Mar 11, 2013, 09:44 PM
tooscraphappy
Card Swap
Shirley,
I finally got to the PO today, hopefully you will receive the cards later this week.

Joseph,
Thanks, (I think) hopefully OUTRAGEOUS means that you like the cards. I have done some digital scrapbooking. I have a lot of digital items stored on an external hard drive, but I really like the feel of paper myself. I will post a few of the digital SB pages that I have completed.

May God Bless You Abundantly!

Kathie
Mar 12, 2013, 03:55 PM
Shirl505
I will let you know when I get. I've been down with something, I have to get back on Oxygen to build me back up. I love the cards and can't wait to get them

Shirley
I never walk alone, He is always with me.

Mar 12, 2013, 08:21 PM
tooscraphappy
Shirley,
I hope you get better soon. Don't worry about getting your cards to me, there is really no rush, so take your time!
BTW, when you receive your package, do not be surprised, but I inadvertently wrote your last name as MURPHY, I realized my mistake after I left the PO. I think I must have had St. Patrick's Day on my mind. I am sorry, so please, don't send it back.

Kathie
Mar 31, 2013, 09:32 AM
Shirl505
Kathie, I got your package and it did have Murphy but don't sweat the small stuff, I got it and I love all of them. My hands and my brain don't work some of the time but your cards should be in the mail Monday.

Shirley

Apr 01, 2013, 10:33 PM
tooscraphappy
Shirley,
I can't wait! Thanks for understanding. Hope you are feeling OK. Take Care.

Kathie
Apr 05, 2013, 12:55 PM
Shirl505
this is a TEST, unless it works.

Shirley

Apr 05, 2013, 01:17 PM
Shirl505
Two more

Shirley

Apr 05, 2013, 01:22 PM
Shirl505
Two hello

Shirley

Apr 05, 2013, 02:06 PM
Shirl505
Kathie, you have mail..well, in a few days..your package is on its way..sorry it took so long.

Shirley

Apr 05, 2013, 08:39 PM
happytobe
~Kathie~ Your cards are beautiful. How did you do the embossing on the Anna Griffin Thank you card? It's very shiny. Is it inked? What kind of ink?

~Joseph~ I wonder why more men don't get into scrapbooking. Preserving history is such a large part of the art, and it leaves a lasting legacy. Hope you jump in with the group. One of the many great things about scrapbooking is that you already have supplies on hand to make beautiful homemade cards like Kathie's. You mentioned digital scrapbooking, and that is something I have gotten a little into. I purchased an HP printer that prints up to size 13" by 19." Most of the time I do hybrid scrapping, which basically means that I add embellishments after I print out the page, which adds texture and dimension. Hope to see you post again.

Marsha

Happy to be in God's service.
Apr 05, 2013, 08:43 PM
happytobe
Shirley, I didn't see your cards until after I posted. I'm so impressed with your cards. Both you and Kathie did a wonderful job on the stamping. Mine is sometimes not a straight as I want them to be. Hope this board picks up again. I promise to be more diligent in posting. Time just seems to fly, but we should never allow that to keep us from enjoying great friendships.

Marsha

Happy to be in God's service.
Apr 11, 2013, 11:46 PM
tooscraphappy
Shirley,
Your cards came in the mail yesterday, but I didn't have time to
jump on the computer. I love the cards, my niece Abby has her eye
on the flower pot card, which is beautiful! I will post the rest
of your cards later, right now I need to call it a night.

Marsha,
I used a glossy paper with a gold finish on it, then I ran a
gold ink pad over the embossing. I thought it looked pretty good,
I'll have to make one for myself. You can now buy the Anna Griffin
embossing folders at Michael's, and probably other stores as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tooscraphappy,

Kathie
Apr 18, 2013, 08:58 PM
tooscraphappy
I am finally getting around to posting some of Shirley's other cards, My scanner doesn't seem to want to work very well, but here they are!

Kathie
Apr 18, 2013, 09:00 PM
tooscraphappy
and the next card...

Kathie
Apr 18, 2013, 09:03 PM
tooscraphappy
no.3

Kathie
Apr 18, 2013, 09:04 PM
tooscraphappy
no. 4

Kathie
Apr 18, 2013, 09:05 PM
tooscraphappy
Last but not least no. 5

Kathie
Apr 20, 2013, 12:00 AM
crafdragon
WOW!! Girls those are so fantastic!! All of them are so perfect and I am not sure I can match your abilities if I join a swap. But I do love to see what other people make, so much fun to see everyone's style in scrapping or cards. Hallmark would be envious Smile

Janet Smile

Rubberstamping makes the world more colorful!!
Apr 20, 2013, 12:14 AM
Shirl505
I just know that yours would 0ut-shine mine. Go to the NEW Swap post and join up and just show me what you can do...I double-dog dare you with a cherry on top Big Grin

Shirley