DIY Message Boards
Letters for my dad

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8811916776/m/8703906467

Nov 06, 2012, 09:32 AM
feliciaamanda77
Letters for my dad
For my dad's birthday, I've asked about 50 people to write a letter to him, telling him why they love him, how he has impacted them, or a great memory that they have had together. Most of the letters are coming in through e-mail or just a plain word document, and I want to know how I can spice up each letter to make it unique. I want it to be much more than just a bunch of white letters in a binder.

I am completely unsure of what type of scrapbook to use, or where to go with this DIY project past the letters. I'm not that creative, so any advice would be awesome!
Nov 06, 2012, 10:17 AM
tlc3plus
Writing paper is not acid and lingin free if you want this to last and not ruin pictures you add make photo copies of the letters... also that way you can cut them to stagger sections... I would find a photo of dad with the writer or one of the writer to add to the page... you can also add different embellishments... like flags or start or swirls...or bling...

Good luck on the book!

Clarinda

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tlc3plus,

Scrappin Done in 2010
8 1/2 x 11 -
12 x 12 -11
cards -12
altered note books-14
title swap - 35

Nov 06, 2012, 10:55 AM
feliciaamanda77
Thanks for the advice!

All of the scrapbooks I'm seeing online, have sleeves for pictures, what kind of scrapbook could I buy so I can attach the letters in the book?
Nov 28, 2012, 11:58 PM
happytobe
You can buy scrapbook binders that allow you to easily move pages around. They come in several sizes, including 12 x 12. Adding pictures will keep the album from looking boring. You may not have pics of every writer, but use the ones you have. You can buy page protector sleeves that will hold 4 x 6, so insert one after a few letters, so that you have letter page, letter page, pic page, letter page, for example. Pics tell a lot of the story you're wanting to tell. I wish we could all come to your house and work on this together, but check back with this group for inspiration as you're working on it .

Marsha

Happy to be in God's service.
Mar 31, 2013, 10:37 AM
Shirl505
I sure hopoe that you got this all put together.

Shirley
I never walk alone, He is always with me.