DIY Message Boards
LOOK!!!!! Where is every body???

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.diynetwork.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8811916776/m/6843933867

Apr 17, 2013, 11:58 AM
GardenSprite
LOOK!!!!! Where is every body???
Nursing homes are always good sources for donations as the project aides can plan activities depending on what materials are available.

Other possibilities are a local VA hospital or VA nursing home, Girl Scouts and churches with groups for youth. My father has been the recipient of several door decorations put up by the female youth group of his church. They cut seasonal decorations from the decorative papers, and either make cards or just tape the decorations to his front door.
Apr 17, 2013, 03:00 PM
Shirl505
HI Garden Sprite..So glad to meet you. I thought about daycares. My neighbor's GD makes things for her GM all the time.

Shirley
I never walk alone, He is always with me.

Apr 18, 2013, 03:32 AM
crafdragon
Hi Girls!
The Scout troops and or 4H groups like crafty donations too! As well as some of the Shelters for the homeless or people who can't go home because of abuse issues. It's always fun to help with crafty supplies. For a couple Summers I took supplies to a local Boys & Girls Club and taught the kids who wanted to learn how to make cards and fold their own envelopes. I had as much fun as the kids and got rid of a bunch of scrap papers and cardstock. A couple of the kids didn't want anyone to know they hadn't bought the cards so they wrote "Hallmark" on the back. It was pretty funny, but I told them theirs were better than a Hallmark because it was 'handmade'. Smile

Janet Smile

Rubberstamping makes the world more colorful!!
Mar 02, 2014, 12:59 AM
Scrapbooker-n-KS
Loving the post but then it's been awhile since anyone has posted. I sure hope Scrapbooking isn't a dieing craft. Although alot of stores have closed and even some very popular scrapbook companies are gone now or revamped. I'm sorry I have been off for so long.
My DH also thinks I am a hoarder..Just someone tell my friends to help him when I die in selling all my supplies--the prices I told him Smile Smile

Romans 12:12-Smiles Deb
Mar 03, 2014, 03:04 PM
Shirl505
I am reading thru some of our posts and I have to take on away from my posts...my dh is NOT a dh. After leaving, he bought my DDs affection and now I am alone. Sometimes it gets lonely and I miss, belive it or not, arguments and the dinners he would cook.In my devotional reading the other day it said to quit second guessing myself, which is hard to do, but life does go on. Thanks for listening Smile

Shirley
I never walk alone, He is always with me.

Mar 03, 2014, 10:36 PM
crafdragon
Hi Shirley! You have a few of us here to talk with and you are only alone as you want, or NOT! There are people all around you who may want to go for coffee or something! I understand to an extent how you feel, but if you reach out there are people who don't even know you yet who would talk or visit or craft with you. I was alone after a break up and started going to see people at the hospital, taking cards and little books I made, paper crafts, just different things and had so much fun I forgot I was lonely! I visited mostly kids, because I had been in the hospital when I was 5 and 8 with diabetic problems. I missed my Mom and Dad and the other kids so could relate the the kids in there I visited with. Plus it was fun and I brought things they requested like paper horses!

I wish I coould do more to help you!! I think the key is to stay busy, seemed like it was for me anyhow. Maybe the local hospital need people to rock babies, if you like babies(I knew a lady who did that as a volunteer). Ir walk dogs for the local shelter? Or if you go to a church they sometimes need people to help with plays, making scenery or other craft type volunteering? Or if you want my phone # I could PM it to you or you could PM me yours. I try to be uplifting to other people so that I don't make anybody feel worse, know what I mean? Or maybe we need to get another swap happening??? I would be willing to be Hostessunless someone else wants to do it. We could do an online arm wrestling match, LOL!! Big Grin Just let me know how I can help, we need to keep everyone in good spirits here so everyone will swap, hint hint!

Janet Smile

Rubberstamping makes the world more colorful!!